Here’s a quick little list that I used in the summary of a recent client keynote. Enjoy!
- move forward: adopt the mindset that you aren’t going to fix the problems of he future by doing what you’ve done in the past.
- be realistic : stop looking for home runs: set goals that can be met
- step up your game : is your risk culture inappropriate for a fast paced economy?
- don’t copycat: What works for Apple won’t necessarily work for everyone!
- don’t cut your losses: convert your losses
- look around: see the world through a different lens
- make play: turn boredom into creativity
- challenge habit: where are your assumptions wrong?
- jump and shout: celebrate small wins
- always accelerate: avoid the stall points
Last but not least, avoid “momentum failure“: when the momentum that is necessary to innovate is clear, but nothing happens because a decision cannot be made.